persistent highscore after updates

Hi there,

I could not find it in the forum, so here is a question:

Is it possible to have a persistent highscore or data on the ipod/iphone, so that you can update the game and the data does not get swiped...?

eventually I will use an online server, but I don't want local highscores swiped everytime I push an update to my users....

thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
got it!

Updating an application replaces the previous application with the new one downloaded by the user. During this process, iTunes installs the updated application in a new application directory. It then moves the user’s data files from the old installation over to the new application directory before deleting the old installation. Files in the following directories are guaranteed to be preserved during the update process:

<Application_Home>/Documents

<Application_Home>/Library/Preferences

Although files in other user directories may also be moved over, you should not rely on them being present after an update.
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Submitting Updates to iTunes Connect and Review Times Bersaelor 4 9,737 May 26, 2010 09:51 AM
Last Post: AnotherJake
  Retrieving "friends" from my REST highscore webservice, a perfomance question riruilo 6 4,955 May 3, 2010 01:46 AM
Last Post: riruilo