Same limitations using OpenGL?

I have been developing games for the iPhone using OpenGL ES and I recently learned that there's a limitation on the size of buttons set to 44x44 pixels. I assume that this limitation is set for the use of UIButton, but if I have buttons that are 32x32 or something close to that in my game field, would that same restriction apply?
Quote this message in a reply
You can draw something at 1px*1px if you want to; there's no such restriction in OpenGL. The 44 pixel limit is designed to make buttons large enough to touch easily with a finger, though.

-- Available Now: Dead Panic, a casual zombie shooter!
-- Development Blog: How to make a game under $1k
-- Twitter: xsmasher
That's what I thought. I knew you could do it if you wanted, the question was if Apple had restrictions against it. I understand now it's only a guideline, right? You can make it any size you want as long as it's usable.
bmantzey Wrote:That's what I thought. I knew you could do it if you wanted, the question was if Apple had restrictions against it. I understand now it's only a guideline, right? You can make it any size you want as long as it's usable.

Apple is very lax about the UI guidelines in games. I wouldn't worry, as long as it's usable.

-- Available Now: Dead Panic, a casual zombie shooter!
-- Development Blog: How to make a game under $1k
-- Twitter: xsmasher