New Member 3D Designer, maya, work?

speakerwizard
Unregistered

Hi, guys, i was pointed in this direction and now ive registered so HI ALL! im a 3D designer / animator in the UK (london) and i was seeing what the situation seems to be behind the scenes in the Mac Gaming Scene. so if anybody wants to introduce themselve, or put forward any projects, im all ears, thanks guys.
Quote this message in a reply
Hey,

Heh. I'm currently doing a 3d animation course in London. Hoping to maybe work in the Mac Gaming Scene. Or something.
If you're looking for projects to work on, wait until the next contest comes around. EVERYONE needs artists then (unless you're me and you draw all the gfx in colored pencil and scan them, which only happened once).

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff
speakerwizard
Unregistered

cool, ill keep my eyes peeled, so, is this sight primarily hobbiests? or are there commercial game members on here out of curiosity? plus whats the scene like out there for shareware games etc? do they make much money?
speakerwizard, I don't think anybody's ever taken a census of this forum's members Rasp but I think the site is mainly frequented by hobbyists, and hobbyists-on-Mac-but-professionals-on-other-platforms (there are a couple of members who work on DS, PSP, PS3, and Xbox 360), but there are members who make a living out of running their own game dev. businesses as professionals (Strange Flavour, Wolfire, DanLabGames, Nuclear Nova, and apologies to everybody else I've neglected to mention Rasp)

As to whether shareware games make much money, Jake Leveto of Nuclear Nova had his sales stats for GL Golf posted over a GameProducer.net recently Smile

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer
speakerwizard
Unregistered

thanks sealfin, and wow, thats not bad figures for what started as a hobby game / competion entry. i have recently made a programmer connection who is also interested in starting to code games, so im hoping together maybe some magic will happen. whens the next competition ?
speakerwizard, I doubt anybody outside of Carlos knows when the next official contest will be, but there's an unofficial mini-contest looking for interested developers in this thread Wink [here's the earlier thread]

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Maya OpenGL export MrLee 10 5,784 Aug 5, 2008 11:26 AM
Last Post: MrLee
  Poor quality Maya PLE Render. Marjock 0 2,872 Jan 2, 2006 05:02 PM
Last Post: Marjock
  Convert Maya model into OpenGL creater16 13 8,763 Jul 28, 2005 03:58 AM
Last Post: creater16
  Howto compile a Maya Plug-in on OS X? webwarrior 4 4,756 Dec 16, 2004 01:19 PM
Last Post: KenD
  3DS Max vs Maya Nick 11 5,578 Aug 3, 2004 01:28 PM
Last Post: igame3d