Problem with making a game with the iPhone Game Development book

Apprentice
I've read basically the whole book (except for the 3d chapter but I'm not doing 3d, I'm trying to make a 2d game) and now I want to make a game using the engine from the book. So I downloaded the source code (here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/iphonegamebook/files/) and tried to copy the files and change the code to work, and no matter what I do, it will not work!
One of the ways I tried was to copy all the files then copy the code of the app delegate into the app delegate that was created when I made the new project, and I even made a new project with the same name and just copy the files from source code, nothing will work!

Also, is there a possible way to create some sort of template so I wouldn't have to go through all of this?

Please, can someone try it themselves and if you actually get it to work, please tell me how you did it!
I've spent the WHOLE weekend trying to get it to work

Thank you so much in advance!
Quote this message in a reply
I downloaded the Chapter5 files to test it out for you, and the included Xcode project built and ran just fine for me (minus a little bugginess in the FPS texture, but that's easily fixed by changing the malloc to calloc in GLFont.m).
Apprentice
I figured out what was wrong.

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Making dungeon/rpg styled game, looking for some input! Tosty 0 542 Oct 18, 2014 06:42 AM
Last Post: Tosty
  iPhone Game Engines Carlos Camacho 24 38,489 Aug 28, 2014 08:10 AM
Last Post: Gflex88
  framework for 2d game development? MikeAlive 2 1,064 Jul 17, 2014 05:39 AM
Last Post: IceD34ler
  Scaling iOS Game: iPhone -> iPad iLoveShowers 2 1,692 Dec 9, 2013 07:34 AM
Last Post: iLoveShowers
  iPhone Game Optimizations. Ultimate Guide Dimka 13 12,472 Oct 31, 2013 04:01 AM
Last Post: JannyGarrets