How to make flash game without flash ? :)

banker
Unregistered

Im trying to make a game for my website, the game will be very simple something like http://www.batterydrink.com/pitlanegame not like that but something like it.. so that you have to do certain things against time and the goal is to get the fastest time. So its going to be really simple, but i dont have flash nor interest on learning how to code actionscript. So does anyone here know whats the next best was to make games like that ? like are there some other "flash" alike programs or some other tools with what you can make simple games that are as usable as flash games or so ?
Quote this message in a reply
Sage
you would probably want to get flash and learn actionscript.

Sir, e^iπ + 1 = 0, hence God exists; reply!
Somewhere in the future you'll be able to just upload your ideas to a computer which will then automatically generate an application.

But it's not that kind of future yet so you'll need to learn how to code. For Flash, you must learn ActionScript, in general you should learn a C type language.

Even to create mods for existing games you'd require to code.

If you absolutly don't wanna do any coding then may I suggest you stick to creating levels for a 3D shooter.

"When you dream, there are no rules..."
jfFlash
Unregistered

You'll have to learn how to code no matter what, if you plan on making games... to make games for flash player without flash, try http://www.mtasc.org/ - an open source ActionScript Compiler.
Buy it, I'm sure you can find someone willing to do it for $100 (much less than the $700 you would have to spend on flash).

Or you can use processing ( http://processing.org/ ), which can do nice java browser graphic apps (though I never used it myself) and is free.

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads
Just commenting on that game you linked us to...it's actually pretty complex. And very professional and polished. Start simple Smile

And you could probably get an academic discount on Flash depending on how old you are/if you attend school.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tranquility: Can a Game Make You Relax? Machination 1 2,640 Sep 30, 2012 12:43 PM
Last Post: MattDiamond
  Help to make an online text-based rpg game just_gabe 0 4,877 Dec 6, 2009 04:13 PM
Last Post: just_gabe
  Flash and information persistence Zekaric 4 3,719 Oct 19, 2007 01:29 PM
Last Post: ThemsAllTook
  How to develop my first game in Flash? predator79 8 4,700 Jan 19, 2006 02:42 PM
Last Post: Dark Helmet
  How to make a succesfull game: violence Najdorf 27 11,685 Nov 11, 2005 09:25 PM
Last Post: Bachus