Methods to boost rendering speed

Jones
Unregistered

Thought I'd mention... If the app is slow starting up, be patient.

If you're wondering what I'm talking about, read my above edit.
Quote this message in a reply
Jones
Unregistered

akb825 Wrote:BTW, you haven't answered OSC's question about display lists: are you re-creating them every frame? Also, what kind of stuff are you putting in there? If you're putting things like texture loading in there, it isn't going to perform too well either.

Display lists are created once. Textures are loaded once. They are bound every frame if that's what you mean.

(PS: You posted fast... did you get my last post, with the dl?)
I actually didn't get the edit. You need to disable zerolink if you want others to run your program, though
Jones
Unregistered

akb825 Wrote:I actually didn't get the edit. You need to disable zerolink if you want others to run your program, though

I posted a debug build? Woops. Blush

Seems Zerolink is the only thing keeping this bucket-of-bolts together... Sneaky

It's that time again. This is the point where I stop tacking on more stuff to the same class and actually stop to fix some things. Rolleyes

EDIT: Once again, I'm joking. It's just some variable declarations in the wrong places. Rasp

EDIT #2: Seems that when I said wrong places I meant "everywhere". My namespaces are stabbing me in the back. *ow*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  what methods can't be used in display lists? ghettotek 9 4,162 Feb 9, 2003 12:47 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie