Question about Xcode targets and templates

Ok, I recently (yesterday) started switching my game over to SDL, and have run inot trouble. I am getting the error that yells at me for doing stuff outside of c99 mode. Usually to fix this I go and click on the target icon, then click the Info button up at the top of the project window, then go to the build tab, then switch the C languege dialect to c99. But this time when I did all of that and went to the build tab it didn't list the "C languege dialect" option. What gives?
Then I realized that the target icons for the two programs were different. For my old Glut based program it is the 'a' made out of the pencil, paintbrush and ruler. But for my new SDL program it is just the bull's eye. What kind of targets have bull's eye target icons? [Note: I'm using the SDL and openGL aplication" template]
Also would it be possible for me to make my own Xcode SDL and openGL template?
Its annoying me already that every time I use the provided one I have to delete all the "atlantis" crap and take out the glut framework and put in the SDL template and fix all the other stuff wrong with it.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Quote this message in a reply
ferum Wrote:What kind of targets have bull's eye target icons? [Note: I'm using the SDL and openGL aplication" template]
Also would it be possible for me to make my own Xcode SDL and openGL template?
Non-native targets have bullseye target icons. Choose Project > Upgrade to Native Target to convert it to a native target.

What version of Xcode are you using? If you're using Xcode 2.1 and later, the latest version of SDL includes Xcode templates that have native targets.

Yes, you can create your own SDL and OpenGL project template. The easiest way to do so is to create a copy of the SDL OpenGL Application folder that contains the original template. Give the folder whatever name you like, such as My SDL OpenGL Application. Open the Xcode project that resides in your copy of the template folder. Do what you want to make the project a suitable template: remove the atlantis folder and GLUT framework, replace the main.c file with a simple main.c file, and so on.

Mark Szymczyk
http://www.meandmark.com
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Question : Deploy xcode 3.1.3 to ios 5+ ? papaonn 6 6,317 Apr 12, 2012 08:37 PM
Last Post: MattDiamond
  Custom Project Templates: Tweaking Details TythosEternal 1 2,722 Oct 12, 2009 11:59 PM
Last Post: TythosEternal
  Build Multiple Targets kodex 2 2,687 Jan 12, 2009 06:48 AM
Last Post: kodex
  Stupid xcode question: How do I turn off precompiled headers? SourceIT 2 7,630 Aug 30, 2008 12:53 PM
Last Post: SourceIT
  Multiple Targets in Xcode maximile 2 3,188 Jan 19, 2008 11:14 PM
Last Post: maximile