Little Help

Apprentice
Yes l'm proud it was entirely English l reread it
anywho was there that bigger need for the speach about english?
Ok now to speed me getting Xcode l went to ADC or whatever its called and looked to download it and it was like 1 gig, is it really that big?? or is it smaller on the CD??
-killsquad92-
Whats the CD's name again? (with the Xcode thing on it?)
Luminary
Yes, there was that big a need for the speech, and you're walking a fine line as you are. If you slip too far down, you'll find your posts start getting deleted.

Yes, the latest version of the Xcode tools is about 900MB. Unfortunately, you have to download all of it.

If you want to find out what the CD is called you can use the little blue scroll-bar thingy on the right hand side of the window to read what I wrote a couple of posts ago...
Apprentice
Me what have l done that is incriminating?
-killsquad92-
Oldtimer
Mkay, cotton gloves on, everyone. He's got the message about English, improved and let's leave it at that for now.

Matt: I believe Keith is pretty much referring to the lack of punctuation in your posts, they make the text unbelievably readable. Wink

As for getting XCode: I'd recommend you to download it, to make sure you get the latest version (2.3) anyway. The CD:s are a courtesy.

Then again, if you plan to stay in Python, then you might not need XCode anyway - try SubEthaEdit or Smultron for editors, and run >python from the command line.

Do you need help to get into Python, or can I trust you to Google for Python tutorials yourself? Wink
Apprentice
Did somone delete my last post or did l just fail to post it? .... l swear l posted it, anyways
l got the disk from my dad YAY!!Wow But....(there is always a but) we happened to upgrade.....l cannot remember when but it turns out we have so l have am idea can someone who has a fairly good understanding of parent minds please email my dad saying that l'm interested in programing etc etc and that l have told you that l now need Xcode which needs to be downloaded.
um.... l'll get his email (good son don't know his email) and post it here in a minute
thanx but please do not imply that l asked you to do this, thats if you do but please only one person 2 - 10 he'll relsie l was ploting something
+ l just thought if l make this game (when ever l do) then am l going to need like a server of something?? l know l'll need somewhere to host it , l read something about servers anywho.
can you if you are going to write to my dad post what you are going to write so it's actaually what l want it to be though your writing it casue your most likely a parent
-killsquad92-
Sage
Email your dad.. what? I dont think anyone likes getting unexpected emails.
Why dont you just show him this thread, or explain that you need to download it.
...Or just download it at an internet cafe and put it on a disc for yourself.

Sir, e^iπ + 1 = 0, hence God exists; reply!
Ok, ok... where is the camera? Sneaky
I don't think you should worry about building an online game for quite some time. Let's focus on getting the Xcode tools first.

Can you not download the 900MB Xcode tools from Apple's website?

Newest game: Glow, a sci-fi RPG with lots of zombie bashing. Get it: OS X
Sage
lol @ bringing the thread back toward a bad place.

Sir, e^iπ + 1 = 0, hence God exists; reply!
Apprentice
well l most likely won't be able to download it, anywho l'll try
-killsquad92-
p.s what was about the camera??
Blink
Oldtimer
Okay, I think this thread has served its purpose.

Matt: try to download XCode or find the CD:s, or start learning Python. Python is already installed on your computer, so you're pretty much good to go.

Either way, you're very welcome to post your specific questions in the other forums. Smile I'm locking this thread now before it becomes a bashfest. The welcome drinks have already been served, it seems. Wink
Thread Closed