uDevGames 2006...?

Not to dig up past memories (the bad ones) or get in the way of Carlosvision Smile, but... do we have anything going as far as uDev' 06 is concerned? I liked the idea of having it running over the summer but I assume we missed that... any announcements?

When in doubt ... read the Read Me
10.5.6 | MacBook Pro 2.5x2 | 4 GB RAM | GeForce 8600M GT
Quote this message in a reply
There haven't been any announcements yet, but I'm guessing that uDevGames '06 will start after 'Carlosvision' ends. But Carlos would be the one to ask. Wink
I'm slowly making my way through C - just about to jump into Objective-C... then Cocoa... oi, am I not going to be ready for this? Sad I think I really need to speed things up, uDevGames and OMG was a major reason of coming here. Rasp

~Achi
Founder
uDevGames 2006 was to have started, but somethings have delayed it. So it looks like it won't happen until its normal time of the year. Hopefully in 2007, it can make its debut in June.

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
uDevGames 2006 coming June 2007!

Wink

---Kelvin--
15.4" MacBook Pro revA
1.83GHz/2GB/250GB
kelvin Wrote:uDevGames 2006 coming June 2007!

Wink
I'll be entering Duke Nukem Forever then Rasp
PowerMacX Wrote:I'll be entering Duke Nukem Forever then Rasp

I don't see a problem with that, You've announced it however we won't actually expect it to enter until 2017.

Justin "LordFire" Baldock
Achithyn Wrote:I'm slowly making my way through C - just about to jump into Objective-C... then Cocoa... oi, am I not going to be ready for this? Sad I think I really need to speed things up, uDevGames and OMG was a major reason of coming here. Rasp

~Achi
Look on the bright side, you will soon have a lot of source code to look at! Sometimes you can learn a lot from looking at others code, especially if you are thinking about how you would do it better.
Wink
Blacktiger Wrote:Look on the bright side, you will soon have a lot of source code to look at! Sometimes you can learn a lot from looking at others code, especially if you are thinking about how you would do it better.
Wink
That's very true. Smile Though, I still have a lot to learn, or I wouldn't make any sense of their source. Rasp Well, whenever the contest is, I wish you all the best of luck! I'll do my best to learn what I can before that time. Have fun!

~Achi
So when does udev games usually happen? I'm looking to enter for the first time, but I need to know when to set aside copious amounts of time ( =
In the past it's been in the fall. We're hoping to move it to the summer eventually, but it looks like this year it'll be at it's normal time, probably in August.

Alex
So I take it uDev '06 just wasn't meant to happen... At least we'll have something to look forward to next year (?)

When in doubt ... read the Read Me
10.5.6 | MacBook Pro 2.5x2 | 4 GB RAM | GeForce 8600M GT
Founder
I am now living in the US, and things are slowly settling down. Soon, I'll finally have my own connection at home to get online (US customer service is indeed bad.) I've VERY keen on returning iDevGames to where it was in 2002. So hang on until I get my life relaunched. Wink

Cheers

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Apprentice
Good to have you back in the US, Carlos Smile. When you do get uDev going again, I would be honored to help out in any way that I can (sponsoring, hosting live show, etc).
Quote:(US customer service is indeed bad.)
*bangs head on table* You actually called customer service!?!?

I have a question, could we like start an e-mail list to notify people on udev and future udev's? like a udev mailling list?

Global warming is caused by hobos and mooses

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  uDevGames 2006 Trailer Carlos Camacho 8 4,804 May 24, 2006 10:48 AM
Last Post: HarryCaray
  Puzzle games: Mini contest starting 2006-04-22 ThemsAllTook 75 27,247 May 11, 2006 07:11 AM
Last Post: ThemsAllTook