Color It *finally* available for OS X

But you can only order it over the phone or through the mail... Huh

Quote:We are delighted to announce that at long last the new Color It! ® version 4.5 for Mac OS X is finished! This version is OS X-native, it does not require Classic mode as previous versions do. And it will run on Intel-based Macs utilizing Apple's Rosetta technology.

As you requested to be notified when Color It! for OS X was available, we want to reward your loyalty by making it available to you BEFORE the new version is announced to the general public. You can purchase Color It! 4.5 for OS X now with CD-ROMs shipping on June 1, 2006.

COST: If you own Color It! 4.0, you may upgrade to Color It! 4.5 for $29.95. You will need to provide your Color It! 4.0 Registration Number when you order. If you own a previous version of Color It! or any version of our other products (Enhance, Digital Darkroom, or wwwART), you may purchase Color It! 4.5 for $39.95. If you do not own any of our products, you may purchase Color It! 4.5 for $44.95 for a limited time--a 10% savings that WILL NOT be offered to the general public! (all prices are in U.S. dollars.)

TO ORDER:

1. Call us TOLL-FREE (U.S. and Canada) at (800) 388-8109 between 8am and 5pm Central time Monday through Friday. If you get a busy signal, please try again--we are getting get more phone lines installed but as there will most likely be a rush of orders all phone lines may be tied up momentarily.

2. Send your order via postal mail to:

Digimage Arts
P.O. Box 269
Winterset, Iowa 50273

We accept personal checks or money orders payable in U.S. funds. Be sure to include the cost of shipping and handling, noted below.

SHIPPING AND HANDLING: $5.00 for U.S. destinations, $7.00 for Canada, and $15.00 for international destinations.

CREDIT CARDS: We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.

IS EXPEDITED DELIVERY AVAILABLE? Yes, we offer 2-day and overnight shipping if ordered before 2pm local (U.S. Central) time. The additional costs vary depending upon the shipping destination and the type of delivery. Please call us TOLL-FREE at (800) 388-8109 for more information.

WHO IS DIGIMAGE ARTS?

Digimage Arts is a new company formed by former employees of MicroFrontier. MicroFrontier will no longer be in business, and we have acquired their software to keep it alive, and we will continue to develop and market these great products. Color It! for Mac OS X is a Digimage Arts product.

WHY CAN'T I DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE OR ORDER IT ONLINE?

We're still in the process of finalizing everything for our new Digimage Arts company, and the web site and e-commerce capabilities are not yet finished. We know many of you have been waiting a long time for the OS X version of Color It!, and we wanted to make it available to you just as soon as possible. Once the web site is complete online sales will be available, but not at this special price for new users.

WHAT ARE THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS OF COLOR IT! 4.5?

A Macintosh computer with a G3 or greater PowerPC chip (G3, G4 or G5) or a Mac with an Intel chip (Intel-based Macs utilizing Apple¹s Rosetta technology), a mere 6 megabytes of random access memory, a hard disk with at least 10 megabytes free, and the Mac OS X operating system, version 10.0 or above (Color It! 4.5 will not function in Mac OS 9 or earlier).

SO, ORDER TODAY!
We're thrilled to be able to finally offer a fully OS X-native version of Color It!, with all the power and ease of use you've come to expect, and one that's blazingly fast in Mac OS X. So call TOLL-FREE (800) 388-8109 today, and be the first in line to get the all-new Color It! 4.5!

Sincerely,

Wayne Davis
President
Digimage Arts
P.O. Box 269
Winterset, Iowa USA 50273-0269
(515) 462-5930
wdavis@digimagearts.com

Oh...and its not a Universal Binary. Huh

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
Quote this message in a reply
I was always rather fond of ColorIt (3.x). I'm trying to remember why... I think it just retained most of the fun and ease of use that MacPaint had, while having more advanced features.

But the features weren't that advanced, I haven't touched it in years. It'll be interesting to see what it's got in this incarnation.

Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.
I think I have my old ColorIt 3.x disks somewhere... maybe... They're probably with my Powerbook 520c.

The brains and fingers behind Malarkey Software (plus caretaker of the world's two brattiest felines).
Founder
This was one of the first Mac apps I purchased after getting a PowerMac 6100. In its day, it could do a great deal of things at a nice price. Now that it is on Mac OS X, I wonder if it will take them 5 years to get a Universal Binary version out?

I have a feeling the developers who's apps were really tied to CodeWarrior are having the greatest amount of problems (not just terms of porting but "learing a whole new IDE/workflow, etc)

Well, I wish them luck. I wonder if they still have my serial number on hand?

Grin

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
I still have 4.01 installed it seems. I'll upgrade when its possible to do it online as a download.

I'm trying to find out if 4.5 has any new features other than running on OS X.

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
Quote:And it will run on Intel-based Macs utilizing Apple's Rosetta technology.

One step at a time... Rasp
I wonder if these poor bastards used a lot of PPC assembly in the new version.

Carlos Camacho Wrote:I have a feeling the developers who's apps were really tied to CodeWarrior are having the greatest amount of problems (not just terms of porting but "learing a whole new IDE/workflow, etc)
You are quite right. I never understood how anyone could get any work done in Xcode, since it always locks up on me. However, CodeWarrior, too, compiles awfully slow under OSX, but it doesn't lock up completely the way Xcode does. But it seems this is something that doesn't happen to the newcomers. Blink

But porting from OS9 to OSX using CodeWarrior was not a very painful process. It is the step to Xcode that takes lots of work. Considering that, the step to Intel could take much time for ex-MicroFrontier.
They just posted 4.5 to versiontracker. Their we b site *still* doesn't take online orders. No downloadable demo.

At $60, its not very attractive since you can get Gimp for free or PS Elements for around that price---with layers.

So sad. I used to love this app to death.

Nibbie
First SuperPaint, then Color It! 2.5... the dawn of my pixel art "skills"... alas, while PhotoShop is superior in every respect, I still miss the "good old days"... How I drooled at the skill of the greyscale "airbrush" paintings of superpaint (http://homepage.psy.utexas.edu/homepage/...equeen.jpg)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  lurker finally comes out into the open dannyngan 5 4,197 Aug 12, 2004 12:23 AM
Last Post: kberg