OMG Hosting?

Hi,

I'm not really sure if this is the right place for this, but I really wanted to know what you guys (and girls) recommend for hosting beta/final games for OMG.

I would prefer something that will not dig into my pocket (free?).

Thanks,
AGhost

OMG - Nanobot
Quote this message in a reply
Quote: A digital copy of the game (an “Entered Game”) being entered in playable form and meeting the Game Requirements, submitted by uploading the title to the OMG Cup download page

Sounds like once it is up, you'll be able to host your game on iDG. So no worries Smile

If you want to beta test before then, I'm sure someone here would host a file for you (I've seen offers in past threads anyway).
Founder
....by "uploading" the title....

I'll need to take a look at our bandwidth to see if that will remain "uploading" or will be edited to "adding" (i.e. there are fields for you to enter the main download url as well as mirrors in our download section) FYI, When the rules were written I did plan to host all the games over at Pure Static but I haven't heard from them on my request so I'm not 100% certain we can cover bandwidth. I might ask Freeverse as well. We still have some time, so I will start looking into this very soon.

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Apprentice
i can mirror a lot, at my site. pm/email me for details.
Sage
Once my site gets up and running (the webmaster said tomorrow I should be all set), I'm willing to host a bunch. I have unlimited bandwidth but I have yet to see what download speeds I get. Hopefully they are decent. I'll post back once the site is up.
Sage
My site is up (link in signature (use the SimRealityStudios.com link)). If you want, email me your app and I'll put it up and send you a URL to it. Also, if you give me a paragraph description and screenshot I'll go ahead and make a page displaying all the games with images and download links too.
Apprentice
you can now ftp stuff to my account, setting up your own pages and such. page is forgottenrobot.com, account is idevgames and ***** for the password. please be safe, careful, and honest with your use

default directory is forgottenrobot.com/idevgames please create your own directory in idevgames, so that files can be easily distinguished and organized

Edit: I removed the password for your safety otherwise you could end up with all sorts of dodgy stuff hosted there if the thread is read by dishonest people. I suggest you get people to contact you directly for the password and change it.
Sage
As the contest nears an end (just a couple weeks away), I am offering space on my server for any entries that cannot get hosting otherwise. Just email me a zipped up version of your project and I'll email you the address. I figure some of you may want to get some feedback before it's too late.

My email address is nickgravelyn (little "a" symbol) gmail.com.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  uDevGames Low/No Cost Hosting Options aarku 1 2,545 Dec 6, 2008 07:39 PM
Last Post: SethWillits