Open source Fallout engine coming to Mac (with your help)

Hello and welcome to yet another FIFE news update :-)

When I decided to step back from my position as project manager of FIFE so I could focus on my studies and private life back in September last year, I was hoping to find a new developer who would overtake my tasks and act as new project manager of FIFE. Unfortunately there were no long waiting queues of volunteers who would have liked to jump into this effort right away. On the other side I didn't invest much time and effort into finding a replacement for me as I was preparing for my final Latin exams back then. So now that that I got some spare free time on my hands, I'll tell you how you can contribute to the future of the FIFE project.

LinuxDonald, the former project manager of the FIFE-based OpenAnno project, recently got in contact with me and volunteered for taking over the project management duties of FIFE. I was quite happy that he's interested in this position as that's a good chance to resume the development of the project, that is currently on halt. The idea to create a cross platform open source isometric 2d game engine is one that I still believe in; it's just that I lack the time and motivation to continue supporting this project by being responsible for a vast number of tasks. Therefore I would like to help handing over the project to an active development team as much as possible.

You want to know, what the fuzz is about all about? Read the full news at the FIFE developer blog.
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [split] CocoaBASIC released as open source Carlos Camacho 0 3,844 Jan 28, 2011 04:13 PM
Last Post: Carlos Camacho
  Any suggestions for an open source video encoder? AnotherJake 26 12,850 Jan 28, 2010 05:25 AM
Last Post: michelleC
  Port of an open source game engine iarwain 4 4,489 Aug 28, 2008 02:16 PM
Last Post: iarwain
  Spiderweb's Blades of Exile is now open source JeroMiya 3 4,777 Jun 12, 2007 02:35 PM
Last Post: stevejohnson
  Open source alternatives ootoovak 9 5,334 Dec 15, 2006 07:56 AM
Last Post: bronxbomber92