24 hour mini-contest "Space"

Hey whogben. Thanks for an intelligent counter argument.
Quote this message in a reply
Nibbie
Hmm: I'm not sure if your being sarcastic so I will reply in both cases:

If you were sarcastic:

First of all - there is no need to get hostile and sarcastic. To quote myself: "I think Volte's points are all legitimate"

If my argument was so extraneous or simply unintelligent - why do you feel the need to attack me? I wasn't countering any of your points - I was simply bringing up others: The fun of a rush, the fact that many people dont have time to make a competitive entry over a few weeks, the fact that it enables people to test out ideas and prototype, and in Diordna's case is resulting in a larger game.

Furthermore - I didn't bring those points up to change anyone's mind, I did it simply to justify my own vote of more mini-contests. I don't have any quarrel with you and I think everything you said is valid. Please be aware that not all conditions apply equally to all people, and that I am

If you weren't sarcastic:

Thanks Grin
Sage
whogben Wrote:Hmm: I'm not sure if your being sarcastic so I will reply in both cases:

If you were sarcastic:

First of all - there is no need to get hostile and sarcastic. To quote myself: "I think Volte's points are all legitimate"

If my argument was so extraneous or simply unintelligent - why do you feel the need to attack me? I wasn't countering any of your points - I was simply bringing up others: The fun of a rush, the fact that many people dont have time to make a competitive entry over a few weeks, the fact that it enables people to test out ideas and prototype, and in Diordna's case is resulting in a larger game.

Furthermore - I didn't bring those points up to change anyone's mind, I did it simply to justify my own vote of more mini-contests. I don't have any quarrel with you and I think everything you said is valid. Please be aware that not all conditions apply equally to all people, and that I am

If you weren't sarcastic:

Thanks Grin

I love the size comparison between your two responses LOL

As for my opinion on the frequency of the 24 hr contest (even though I've yet to get to do one) is that they are fine for the community. whogben has some good points about the rush. It's fun to see how good people are at at least prototyping games in less than a day.

One thing I was thinking is that we could do something where we do a few 24 hour contests in the first 2-3 weeks of a month and then have a week long contest at the end of the month where people can take their best 24 hour entry and polish a bit more. Then we could vote on the best week long entry. Maybe it's the worst idea in the world, but it sounded amusing.
I think that it's good to have them every 3 weeks or so, because it forces us to get creative. It's like practicing design constantly, which is good. Keeps you on your toes.

And yeah, like Whogben said...I like my game from last 24 Hours that I'm gonna expand on it.

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff
Yikes! Sorry Whogben. I was completely Sincere. I enjoyed the way you expressed your opinions in an intelligent way, and offered counter arguments. Rather than the common "No. I like it so it stays". I of course was not trying to stir up trouble, or even provide a platform for argument, I was simply pointing out a few suggestions. And since I was being sincere, I don't need to counter your counter to my appreciation of your counter Rasp. Anyway I see where you (and the community) is coming from, yet I still stand by my suggestions. No hard feelings. And I'm done Grin.
Yay for peaceful arguments!
(no sarcasm)

Alex

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Zero-hour game jam JustinFic 7 7,088 Nov 9, 2011 12:04 AM
Last Post: funkboy
  Mini fun Contest EvolPenguin 2 5,215 Nov 14, 2010 11:10 AM
Last Post: EvolPenguin
  WebGL Mini-Contest OneSadCookie 26 21,082 Dec 14, 2009 11:40 AM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  Mini-contest: Time & Space Manipulation OneSadCookie 18 14,978 Nov 8, 2009 02:38 PM
Last Post: Oddity007
  21 Day Mini Contest FlamingHairball 2 6,812 Aug 1, 2009 03:03 PM
Last Post: FlamingHairball