problems porting project to xcode 3.2

I'm trying to port my project to the new xcode 3.2. I installed the latest iPhone SDK.
I when I try to compile I get the following error:
error: can't exec '/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.0' (No such file or directory)

which is probably because the new xcode is incompatible with 2.2.1.
I tried this trick out - http://alanquatermain.net/post/124150829...ow-leopard, but it doesn't work.

So, then I changed the base SDK to simulator 3.1.2 and the compiler to LLVM GCC 4.2, then I get a different error message:

error: can't exec '/Developer/usr/bin/dsymutil' (No such file or directory)

Anyone know what the problem is?
Quote this message in a reply
Odd, my system has /Developer/usr/bin/dsymutil. Is there anything unusual about your developer tools installation?
Finally, I got it working by uninstalling and reinstalling again.
However, I now have a new problem. It runs incredibly slow in the emulator. Any ideas what that might be?
Could be anything. Use the appropriate profiling tools (Shark, etc.) to investigate hot spots in your code.

Also, an important distinction to make: The iPhone Simulator is not an emulator. It runs a native Mac executable in a way that simulates the iPhone's environment. It can only give you a general idea of what an app will look like on an iPhone OS device. If you're having performance problems in the simulator, running on the device is likely to be unusably slow.
Ah, nevermind my last message. It mysteriously started working again