Paint and Sound Programs

Sage
What programs are people using with Macs to record sounds and to draw pictures? Are there any freeware or shareware "paint" type programs? Near as I can tell, there are no built-in programs like these on my Mac. If they are simply hidden, can someone tell me where to find them?
Quote this message in a reply
For drawing I uses the various Adobe products and Lightwave.

For sound I'm forced to record something using one of my PC's and then copy the file across as none of my Macs have a mic socket Sad
Music: GarageBand
Recorded sound: Amadeus II
Graphics: AppleWorks, Gimp, and Cartoon Editor

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff
Due to the lack of decent paint/sound programs on the Mac, I've actually resorted to writing my own. The paint program is being done first, and is my primary project right now. I'll post an announcement here when it's available.

Here's a thread about it:

http://www.createmacgames.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=127

Alex Diener
Sometimes I like working down at the pixel-level when it comes to graphics so in that case, I would use IconMachine III and Iconographer. I bought Photoshop Elements 2 for about a $100, so you can probably find it pretty cheap now.

Sound, I'd try SparkME. It's an odd program, but it an work if you practice with it. For music, I'd go with GarageBand.

For programs that come with the system, there is AppleWorks for drawing and GarageBand for sound/music if you got iLife with your Mac. There also is another drawing tool called Sketch if you install the Developer stuff. It's in Applications/Utilities/Built Examples.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Deluxe Paint Lives Again! Leisure Suit Lurie 3 3,876 Dec 4, 2008 07:01 PM
Last Post: OrangeTide
  Free(ware) 2D paint app Carlos Camacho 3 4,427 Mar 9, 2005 01:55 PM
Last Post: Frank C.
  What programs or plugins on Mac can load .dds files? Mars_999 12 8,134 Sep 2, 2004 02:07 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie