iPod Game Programming?

msenefsky
Unregistered

Anyone got any experience with programming games for iPod?
Quote this message in a reply
Excellent question!

Apple should release an SDK for iPod development. Shouldn't be too hard to do I think.
Oldtimer
I believe that this question has been brought up before, and if my memory serves me right (it's 0200 here, so YMMV) they won't. I recall that it had something to do with the iPod being ridicoulusly complex and very un-Apple-ish on the inside. That, and the possibility to fry the iPod if you push the hardware. Sad
Sounds like it's time to redesign that "award winning" iPod system.
Guess what? The iPod devs can't even compile the code needed to run it on Macs. Instead they have to use Windoze Bored. That kinda sums up the ease of use to code something on it.
Its a StrongARM processor. You can find these things in handheld devices at 400mhz runnning linux (in a hand held!)

There must be some kind of SDK somewhere since there is a number of apps that interact with the ipod.

How long before someone has a dial-to-download mp3 to your cellphone service on 4gig cell phones that make the ipod a forgotten paperweight?
Quote:There must be some kind of SDK somewhere since there is a number of apps that interact with the ipod.

Actually, I'm willing to bet that most, if not all of these programs, are designed through trial and error. When Apple first added the ability to add contacts to your iPod, I wrote a small program that used that ability to store full text documents (or was it the other way around, it was a while ago), and while I never finished it, by just screwing around, I found out how to do that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Game Console Programming Nick 11 7,812 Nov 26, 2004 02:33 PM
Last Post: KenD