How complex can you make an iPhone game?

Nibbie
Am mulling over whether to hire a developer to create me a game for the iPhone/iPod.

Basically I want to create a racing game. It would have a user controlled bike racing against 2/3 computer controlled bikes. Ideally on multiple dirt tracks, each one harder than the other. Since I don't know anything about programming, I thought I'd better get some advice from others more in the know than me. Allowing me to find out what I have to work with before looking around for a developer & taking it to the next stage.

Is what I want to do possible at all? If not, what would I need to cut out/scale back from my initial idea in order to make it playable?

Many Thanks, James..
Quote this message in a reply
⌘-R in Chief
Well, you didn't say anything about what it should like and how it should work, but generally: of course it's possible. If you want to make it look like the latest PS3 game, then no it's not possible.

Either way it's a lot of work for anyone, so I hope you're prepared to spend a lot of money, or spend a lot of time learning.
biggsy Wrote:Is what I want to do possible at all?
Yup: http://www.2xlgames.com/supercross/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  So, you wanna make an iPhone game... iamtheone 1 2,351 Jul 14, 2009 06:06 PM
Last Post: iamtheone
  What environment should I use to make iPhone game yamanksm 4 4,463 Apr 24, 2009 10:52 AM
Last Post: kendric