Farmer Bob: Be warned, this game stinks! Need help.

A few years back I made a game called "Farmer Bob", based on trying to ward off real estate agents by placing tools such as "sabatoge" "lawsuit" so on and so forth. The problem was that when I got to a certain point, I got sick because I realized that the game really stunk...bad . I mean, it had no playability.

So, about three years later I am here, offering it to your opinions to see what could be done to fix it up... assuming that that is possible.

I am well aware of all the quirks, graphical problems, slow points, and spelling errors. This is just a game theory problem, so any definite ideas about how to change it considerably would be helpful.

http://metalftp.nuclearnova.com/lee/Farm...-alpha.sit

1.3 MB

"Most nutritionists say that Twinkies are bad. But they're not, they're very very good."
Quote this message in a reply
Doh! no documentaion.

select weapon with "<" and ">"
change song with "-" and "+"
click on the real estate agents to deploy weapons
When you do too many illegal activities a cop pops up and tries to nab you. Getting caught will cost you money. When bankrupt don't let the banker catch you or its game over.

"Most nutritionists say that Twinkies are bad. But they're not, they're very very good."
death_himself
Unregistered

I'd like to help but it has the fullscreen error...which makes me get a greyt screen whenever I quit the program...which is problematic because I can't keep restarting everytime I stop testing. And I didn't quite understand the game, is it turn-based?
No, real time. A too fast real time too.

Forgot about the full screen error. will fix soon.

eekaydee
Unregistered

I think it could be pretty fun, actually.
When I used the "no factory" sign on a guy, the whole screen filled with the signs. Is that supposed to happen?
What resolution is this supposed to be in? The biggest my ibook has is 800*600, but the startup screen looked kinda cut off.
When I play, the red target thing is quite a while off from my mouse coordinates.
Can I stop them once they start building?

Money should matter more. You should be able to buy weapons, bribe people, get connections, etc

Intro is cut off on my screen too.
1024x768 actually. I wondered if that might be a problem.

Yes, thats supposed to happen. It is supposed to be a no-build zone, but it wasn't working right last time I checked.

Yes, you can stop them from building durring construction, though its harder.

This should fix the greyscreen error. For any greyscreen error, you can press the "sleep" button on your mac, then wake it up.

http://metalftp.nuclearnova.com/lee/Farm...ha%202.sit

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What are the difficulties to bring farmer vs hunter(war3 platform) to ios? demonfruzz 0 919 Apr 1, 2014 02:12 AM
Last Post: demonfruzz