PlayerPro Help

I feel like an idiot saying this, but I'm gonna ask anyway... Blush

How do you extend the recording time in PlayerPro (the new free version at PlayerPro Lounge)? It's always at 7 seconds... Blush
Quote this message in a reply
Hmm seven seconds is an increbile long time for a sample.
The point of Tracker Mods is to re-use the smallest file sized loops to generate MUCH longer musics.

There are 3-7 minute tracker mod songs that are less than a megabyte!!!
Sound Studio 1.5.5 for OS X was free for a while, thats what i use to record very long tracks and edit them down to just a tiny "beep" for games. Too busy for doing any trackering right now though.

head on over to my page
and grab some old mods, rip them open in PlayerPro and see how they are constructed of like 10 to 20 sound loops.
This is how you should be working.

One or two of those mods are from KLF, the big time dance band from the early nineties. I heard they got their start by releasing these tracker mods on Bulletin Board systems back in the days of 14.4 and 28K modems!!! Eventually ending up with several albums, MTV videos, and a big time following.
On the "digital editor" window click the question mark ("?";)) and change the number of rows
Quote:Originally posted by Najdorf
On the "digital editor" window click the question mark ("?";)) and change the number of rows

THANKS! next need to know, how do I make a dotted quater note? (holds count for 3 eigth notes)
Dunno!Grin Grin Grin Grin
Quote:Originally posted by applekid
How do you extend the recording time in PlayerPro (the new free version at PlayerPro Lounge)? It's always at 7 seconds... Blush

See my post in this thread too.

Skyhawk, if you want to have unusual timing (not plain old 4/4), you'll need to make sure you have a suitable number of steps in each pattern to make it divisible by the timing you want. Alternatively, you can change tempo every step (I've actually seen MODs that do that!).

Neil Carter
Nether - Mac games and comic art
Quote:Originally posted by NCarter

Skyhawk, if you want to have unusual timing (not plain old 4/4), you'll need to make sure you have a suitable number of steps in each pattern to make it divisible by the timing you want. Alternatively, you can change tempo every step (I've actually seen MODs that do that!).

I've said nothing about timing! At least in the sense of a time signature. SURELY you know what a dotted quarter note is! It is NOT something that is unusual And I am well aware on how time signatures work. I've been writing, reading, and playing music for 7 years. well, a better break up is reading and playing for 7, writing for 4.
A dotted quarter note is one and a half beats right? I'm not sure that it's possible to do. I think in mods all notes are just straight quarter notes and you have to do various tricks to make other kinds of notes.
Quote:Originally posted by skyhawk
I've said nothing about timing! At least in the sense of a time signature. SURELY you know what a dotted quarter note is! It is NOT something that is unusual And I am well aware on how time signatures work. I've been writing, reading, and playing music for 7 years. well, a better break up is reading and playing for 7, writing for 4.

I'm a bit vague on the terminology, sorry. It's been quite a few years since I did my formal music training and I've forgotten most of it.

What I'm saying is that if your notes don't fall exactly within a grid of 4/4 crochets, you'll need to increase the 'resolution' of the pattern to make it possible to put the notes where you want them. If you want a three-eigths note, you need to hold your note for three rows, have your whole beats every eight rows and increase the tempo accordingly. You might also want to increase the pattern length.

You can call the time signature anything you like: 4/4, 3/4, 6/8, 13/11, whatever, because PlayerPro only cares how many rows you have and where the pattern breaks.

Neil Carter
Nether - Mac games and comic art
notes last however long their sample is, or until the next node (or their decay ends).If you want to stop a note early you need to put on a silence at the point that you want the note to stop.

"He who breaks a thing to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom."
- Gandalf the Gray-Hat

Bring Alistair Cooke's America to DVD!
Well, I would MOST like to use the graphical editor (I am very used to Finale but haven't been able to find the money for 2003.... bah, these people should give me free upgrades for life). But tracking doesn't seem to be done often with a graphical editor... My crazy PC friends tend to use DOS editors and all kinds of other odd stuff.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  PlayerPRO samples BeyondCloister 3 3,213 Nov 25, 2003 04:11 AM
Last Post: Jason Colman
  PlayerPro Free!!! Najdorf 47 17,670 Jun 30, 2003 06:48 PM
Last Post: nickdabner