Coldstone

guyofmuchpower
Unregistered

coldstone stinks.Sad You can only do like a few things and make a certain kind of game WAY to many restrictions. anyone who was thinking about getting it, Just stick to coding games yourself.Sad
Quote this message in a reply
thanks for the info
*scratches off using codestone and stick to agonizing torture of months of coding just for someone to tell you your artwork sucks*
ahem, anyways, Yeah. That is one thing I don't like about "game makers" such as codestone and the green machine, They only allow you to make ONE kind of game that has different sprites, story, and maybe a slightly different feel. But you can't change battle engines, or dialog (some allow custom type dialog boxs)
guyofmuchpower
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by skyhawk
thanks for the info
*scratches off using codestone and stick to agonizing torture of months of coding just for someone to tell you your artwork sucks*
ahem, anyways, Yeah. That is one thing I don't like about "game makers" such as codestone and the green machine, They only allow you to make ONE kind of game that has different sprites, story, and maybe a slightly different feel. But you can't change battle engines, or dialog (some allow custom type dialog boxs)

yep. I will admit coldstone is better than others though, but it's still bad.
Matt Brown
Unregistered

I tried Coldstone. It wouldn't let me register, and crashed every time I tried to make a new map. Mad Can you make custom dialog boxes with Coldstone? It makes making PoG plugs easy though.
guyofmuchpower
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by Matt Brown
I tried Coldstone. It wouldn't let me register, and crashed every time I tried to make a new map. Mad Can you make custom dialog boxes with Coldstone? It makes making PoG plugs easy though.

i havent found a way to make custom dialog boxes yet, but i'm not that experienced in using it. another downside is that any games you compile with it are HUGE. as i said before, better than other "gamemaker" programs, but still bad.Mad
Founder
I'm wondering how long have you used Coldstone? Did you use a registered version? I now have Coldstone and want to do a review of it for our site.

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Nibbie
Matt's been using it since July, I gave it to him when I started designing my own game eniune. Coldstone is made for tile based games whare the player has to move in static increments and it can't make RPGsMad . It also can't make space games like my GC engine can. Coldstone is only worth the money if you are makeing a game like PoG. It also can't have 2 layrs of ground tiles so you can't make games like FF6, and no animated tiles so you can't have flowing water, and the stamps can't be transparent. GC has all of those features and more.
kainsin
Unregistered

I can't wait for RPG Maker 2 for the PS2. I used RPG Maker and I liked the way it works ( I enjoy tile-based RPGs so it was all good ) but entering in the text took forever and was limited to about 12 screens of text per dialog. RPG Maker 2 supports a keyboard and a mouse so it should be a lot better. Plus it's 3D-tile based. Smile