Sim Something

Quote:Originally posted by aarku
SimClub (nightclub)

and my personal favorite:
SimSquirrel

-Jon

That would be a good one for Shareware. nice and simple, but cute graphics. Control a colony of red squirrels, gather and store nuts, find suitable trees to store them and live in and fend off attacks from grey squirrels and predators.
Quote this message in a reply
macboy
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by Zwilnik
Control a colony of red squirrels, gather and store nuts, find suitable trees to store them and live in and fend off attacks from grey squirrels and predators.
It would be nice, but I wouldn't pick that if you're trying to be realistic (squirrels don't live in groups)
AJ Infinity
Unregistered

SimSpaceColony sounds very good. I'd like to play a sim like that. And I'd also want to play SimHamster and SimSoccerTeam.

SimHamster is sorta like SimSquirrel.
Quote:Originally posted by macboy
It would be nice, but I wouldn't pick that if you're trying to be realistic (squirrels don't live in groups)

That would be even better then. With only a single Red Squirrel hero you can run it as a pet type sim, but in a platform game style.

Another aspect of squirrels is their ability to learn and defeat almost any method of stopping them getting at nuts. Maybe an AI type game ? Smile
conker's bad fur day has a neat squirrel character.
DoG
There is already a platform street-fighter like game called "Squirrel Kombat". Its the bestest squirrel game I know of.

- D.G
Look to the heavens for your answer Jake! Space Colony Sim!Love

"Most nutritionists say that Twinkies are bad. But they're not, they're very very good."
Quote:Originally posted by Dr. Light
Shoot, I like the idea so much I'd even help with the graphics and SFX if you wanted.Rolleyes

Ok, I want to make this game REALY good, mabey you could help code it Smile. I will think about this game, then write down all the feature/ideas I think of and post it on the forum.

I think it would be cool if everyone here made one of those sim games so I could play them Smile

My friend came up with the sim game "Sim Whore House", you get to manage it and hire different workers, avoid cops ect...:oops:
macboy
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by Jake
My friend came up with the sim game "Sim Whore House", you get to manage it and hire different workers, avoid cops ect...:oops:
That wouldn't be acceptable for a younger audience that may be playing. I played SimCity when I was about ... I think 7.
How about SimCongress? You can create a character (read: white male between the ages of 55 and 70), align yourself with one of two roughly identical political parties, campaign for office by running obnoxious TV commercials and issuing propaganda of varying degrees of facticity, and, if elected, write pointless bills and bicker endlessly with members of the other party until you are selected as Senate Majority Leater!

I hate American politics... Rolleyes
Quote:Originally posted by macboy
That wouldn't be acceptable for a younger audience that may be playing. I played SimCity when I was about ... I think 7.

I know, He was just joking around.
Quote:Originally posted by Mazilurik
How about SimCongress? You can create a character (read: white male between the ages of 55 and 70), align yourself with one of two roughly identical political parties, campaign for office by running obnoxious TV commercials and issuing propaganda of varying degrees of facticity, and, if elected, write pointless bills and bicker endlessly with members of the other party until you are selected as Senate Majority Leater!

I hate American politics... Rolleyes

Quote:Originally posted by Jake
That wouldn't be acceptable for a younger audience that may be playing.
GameDev
Unregistered

How about SimTrentLot where you make racist statements and then defend yourself by saying that you really believe the exact opposite! Seriously, some of the people in congress are the most racist people in the world. One of the senators (I forgot who) was even a KKK. I don't know how some of these people even get elected.
they get elected by people like you and me... imagine that.
That idea was just a bit too raunchy to post Jake, even for a forum composed mainly of males in their 20's or so. "Hire 'different' workers"? Sneaky

However, I'd be happy to get my hands dirty in some code, especially if someone else is doing the graphics.Grin We can perhaps put our heads together here and there.

"Most nutritionists say that Twinkies are bad. But they're not, they're very very good."