The joy of side-scrollers

On iMac G4 700MHz with other user processes taking 10% of the CPU (namely OmniWeb), 320 to 360 fps, wavering a lot and depending on amount of activity on screen. Still averaged about 330 with 30 sprites on screen zoomed completely out.

Back to the original topic, I love chaotic particle effects in 2D games! More! More! More!
Quote this message in a reply
aww, your computer is twice as fast as mine. that's not fair :-)

Is that a new sig, geezusfreeek? I've never seen Christian salvation explained in Objective-C code before. what a crazy world.

> Back to the original topic, I love chaotic particle effects in 2D games! More! More! More!

ha ha, yes I agree. makes my eyes happy.

Griggs, I had trouble compiling the code... but I always have trouble compiling code so I'll give it another shot. I've yet to update to PB2. Have you made any progress lately?

Chris Burkhardt
Good to see you around again, geezusfreeek. I also had trouble compiling the code.
Griggs
Unregistered

Well I can't say why you might have troubles. I tried to include all dependent files, and it compiles fine for me.

At any rate, I would really like to hear more about fullscreen OpenGL scrollers that you all might be working on. I haven't seen very many games that do this in OpenGL. I know Wingnuts does, and quite well too, but it's not a side-scroller.

I realize my talents are not very well developed in this area of programming, but I am still continuing development. I really want to see a nice modern side-scroller for Mac, even if I don't make it Smile
Feanor
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by ededed
I am working on an isometric RPG Just now and it is coming along well. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated by the way.
Start a new thread! Is it going to be another D&D thing? If you want it to be cool, have lots of dungeons. Running around big flat maps makes me stop playing the game very fast. Ideally it won't be same-old armour/swords/spells, but what else is there? I would love a horror RPG influenced by H.P. Lovecraft. There's a gold mine that nobody has ever successfully transmuted into a movie or computer game yet.

Oh, I remember Donkey Kong on the Colecovision. Too bad I could only play it at the local Towers dept. store. That chain is dead, now, btw. How I wished for a Colecovision. That shurely would have ruined me!

2D scrollers are fun if they have a fun concept. Just like anything, creativity is the ticket. While there are many too many 3D games, there used to be many too many 2D games. The majority is always mediocre.

I still love 3D, and have since the eaaarly days. But I've already talked about my Amiga elsewhere on this forum.

--FÎanor
Feanor
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by jamie
remenicent (spelling?)

close! "reminiscent".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  2d side scroller map editor Case 6 6,795 Dec 7, 2003 03:52 AM
Last Post: DanLab