Multisampling in iOS4

Hey,

Apple's iPhoneAppProgrammingGuide for iOS 4 says they now support Multisampling/Antialiasing.
Quote:OpenGL ES in iPhone OS 4 and later offers multisampling as an option. Even though your application can use a smaller scale factor (even 1.0), implement multisampling anyway. An added advantage is that this technique also provides higher quality on devices that do not support high-resolution displays.

Well I couldn't find any particular iPhone Tutorials on how to do that, and simply adding:
Code:
    glEnable(GL_MULTISAMPLE);
didn't do the trick. I guess I have to add some Buffer for multisampling, do I?

Did anyone [/code]of you add Multisampling since iOS4 was released and what experiences did you gain?
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
GL_APPLE_framebuffer_multisample
Thank you for the quick reply, but my search through the Apple Dev Forums seems to suggest its a little more complicated than that.

I'm going to conduct a bigger inquiry tomorrow, yet, if someone knows about sample code using Multisampling in ES1.1, I'd be happy if you could post it here Smile
I replied "watch the WWDC videos" on Twitter but now that I'm in front of my computer I can tell you it's this one you want: "Session 415 - OpenGL ES Overview for iPhone OS". Code is all there - though yer gonna have to hit pause and type for a bit.
(Jul 9, 2010 09:25 PM)Frank C. Wrote:  I replied "watch the WWDC videos" on Twitter but now that I'm in front of my computer I can tell you it's this one you want: "Session 415 - OpenGL ES Overview for iPhone OS". Code is all there - though yer gonna have to hit pause and type for a bit.

Thanks Smile
I appreciate it!

PS: I managed to get it working and here is the result: http://tacticadev.wordpress.com/2010/07/12/322/
I'm still trying to improve the performance though, so I haven't published the fps-results yet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Multisampling: performance hit if disabled? Fenris 5 4,722 Aug 1, 2007 01:57 PM
Last Post: Fenris
  FSAA multisampling code example.. WhatMeWorry 8 9,521 Jul 19, 2006 07:54 PM
Last Post: ia3n_g