Honest feedback needed - can a website UX guy build great casual games?

Nibbie
I have an idea for a cross-platform app (social network and iPhone) that I want to pursue full time. Outside of being an avid player, I don't have experience creating games, so I wanted to know what is the best way to get my idea completed in the highest quality.

I have a 5 years experience in user experience and strategy working for one of the world's biggest digital marketing agencies. I've worked on many websites and mobile applications, but no gaming.

Without going into detail, my app will offer a variety of bite-size, casual mini-games to make mundane tasks more enjoyable. The game concepts that I have come up with are not complex (no 3-d), but do include points system, avatar, leveling, awards, etc.

Right now I have a few options:

1. Partner with a game studio that can help with everything: concepting, design, and development
2. Work separately with a game artist (I deliver wireframes, artist creates designs) + hand off all materials to an iPhone development shop

I have the capital to spend on this, so money isn't a huge issue. I just want to get this done correctly.

Which is the best road to take? Am I overlooking any big issues? Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the help!
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Non-casual games - place on the iPhone? SoulRed12 9 9,558 Nov 19, 2011 06:53 PM
Last Post: fugufish
  Casual games vs. hardcore games ThemsAllTook 14 8,811 Sep 29, 2004 12:07 PM
Last Post: Vanamir