iPhone to iPad conversion

I'm trying to make an iPad version of my existing iPhone game. It uses OpenGL 1 based on the original OpenGL example code.

At first I had a problem with the frame buffer size not recognizing the full ipad screen res, but I seem to have figured that out by changing the view size in the xib file.

However, now when I run it in the simulator, touches are only registering in the lower-left corner (if holding the ipad with the home button to the right). I decided to try it on my device to see if touches would register everywhere, but doing that just crashes hard shortly after seeing the launch screen for my game. The debugger says "The program being debugged is not being run."

Is it really this hard to convert an existing game to iPad?

Thanks...
Quote this message in a reply
Apprentice
Did you convert your app to a Universal Application?
No, I chose to make it two different apps because I want to charge a different amount for the iPad version.
Apprentice
You can still "fork" your code into two separate projects.
When I had this problem it was because I hadn't picked the right architecture (arm6 vs arm7.) Pull up the Info pane for your application under Targets, and make sure you are building for both architectures, or the correct one for the device in question. Also, if both architectures are specified, mind the checkbox that says "build for current architecture only".

For non-universal, you probably want to define a separate target depending on the device you are building for, to make it easier to switch between them.

Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.
Sage
It's not converting the app for you in some magical way. Just making some of the data compatible so that you can use it on both the iPad and iPhone. The hard work still has to be done by you.

Scott Lembcke - Howling Moon Software
Author of Chipmunk Physics - A fast and simple rigid body physics library in C.
Nibbie
It's hard to say what's happening without seeing the code, but my guess would be that you've got some figures in your program somewhere that need to be converted to the new screen size. I don't know if this link will help much, but I found it very useful myself:

http://www.raywenderlich.com/1111/how-to...o-the-ipad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Scaling iOS Game: iPhone -> iPad s0ckman 2 1,452 Dec 9, 2013 07:34 AM
Last Post: s0ckman
  Question about tmx files (tilemaps) and resolution for Iphone 3gs, Ipad, and Retina appsolutecreations 10 16,097 May 19, 2012 10:02 AM
Last Post: tapouillo
  Music bitrate for ipad and iphone games Bambinou 5 9,792 Nov 19, 2011 07:02 PM
Last Post: fugufish