Pawns! for iOS

Pawns (2nd place, OMG 2005 contest) is now out for iPhone and iPad!

Quote:Show the pawns safely to their goal. Pick up keys, dodge checkers, and avoid capture by enemy pieces. The pawns are counting on you!

It features new puzzles, puzzle difficulty ratings, knights and queens, improved controls.. in short, the things people asked for me to implement back in 2005. :-)

Game info, screenshots, system requirements, and App Store link can be found here:
http://www.mindthecube.com/games/pawns-for-iphone

App Store link:
http://itunes.com/apps/Pawns

This game would not exist if it wasn't for this community, Carlos's contests, and past sponsors like Unity Technologies and Freeverse. Thanks, everybody!

[Image: thumbs_screen-shot-2010-09-21-at-9-52-51-pm.png]

Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.
Quote this message in a reply
Congrats! Will have to go check it out once my next paycheck gets in Rasp. Hope it does well! Are you promoting it anywhere else?
Alex
Not yet. Will put out a Lite version next month probably, and add OpenFeint or dimeRocker to get a bump there. I should probably add an in-game "rate this app" button while I'm at it.

I'll try to find places where puzzle gamers hang out and post. I don't have high hopes for getting a high profile review, based on other people's experiences trying, but I'll send a few promo codes out and we'll see. I think my gameplay is solid but it's not a flashy game.

I have a friend who absolutely LOVES it and he's threatened to write a nice review on the app store, which should offset some of the inevitable hating that will happen. :-)

Just bought it, downloading now - I liked the demo you posted a while back....

I will post more after playing - have to go to some useless meetings first...

:-)
(Nov 18, 2010 01:45 PM)OptimisticMonkey Wrote:  Just bought it

So YOU'RE the guy. :-)

(Nov 18, 2010 01:45 PM)OptimisticMonkey Wrote:  I will post more after playing - have to go to some useless meetings first...
Cool, no rush. Hope you like it.

I'm currently working on a Lite version, as well as a patch that adds OpenFeint Achievements. Those will make it a little easier to promote.

Founder
How does this game stack up against Deep Blue?
Wink

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
I can honestly say that Deep Blue hasn't beaten a single one of my puzzles.

Pawns! Lite is now available! Features the tutorials, 10 puzzles, and 3 Achievements from the full game. Give it go, it's free!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pawns-lit...?mt=8&ls=1

Also, the full version of Pawns! has been updated to 1.1.1. It's got some bug fixes, some graphics tweaks, and now supports Game Center and OpenFeint.

Hey, I like this - great work! I always feel bad for pawns when they die; so stoic, so fool hearty, with lofty dreams of one day becoming so much more powerful...

Original Music and Sound Design for Video Games
http://www.harrymack.com
(Jan 16, 2011 07:15 PM)HMaudio Wrote:  Hey, I like this - great work! I always feel bad for pawns when they die; so stoic, so fool hearty, with lofty dreams of one day becoming so much more powerful...

Thanks! Yeah, they are pretty hapless. Maybe it's a good thing I didn't add cute faces and make them squeal with pain. :-)