PackageManager issues

Apprentice
I have a few issues that I would like to resolve with our patches, but after lots of Google searches I haven't found any useful answers. We use PackageManager 3.0.1, but 3.0.4 has the same problems.

1) After the user picks the drive and directory they want to install the patch to, is there a way to verify that a file is present in the directory that they have chosen?

2) When I change some text to change in the interface, in this case for the opening screen, using the embedded option it won't show up unless I choose the custom install option. Unfortunately when I choose the custom install option it doesn't let the user pick the directory they want to install into. Is there a way around either of these issues?

3) Is there a way to tell the installer to only ask for an admin password if it is actually needed?
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
This appears to be an Android question?

If you meant Package Maker, and are actually talking about a Mac game, don't use installers Mad Installers are evil. If you're targeting MAS, Apple handles the updates. If you're not, use Sparkle.
Apprentice
Oh, yeah I do mean Package Maker, sorry about that. This is for our direct sales so MAS doesn't help. I'll look into Sparkle again but I seem to remember that you had to update the entire application (not just the changed parts).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Porting issues (most likely byte order issues) akb825 2 4,313 Mar 24, 2006 11:47 AM
Last Post: DoG