how did you promote your game as an Indie developer?

One thing we discovered a bit late is that its best to get your game promoted the moment you have a playable demo. in the last 1 month of promotion we tried, we haven't managed to get a buzz.
Quote this message in a reply
It's just in the APP Smile
Hi. I want to tell you my story about my game. I thought, that my game will be success, cause i did posts on different game forums, but it is not true. Now, i have no yet 100$ for promote my game and i don't known, what i will do for increase purchases. I read, that iOS development dead, but i don't believe it... May be demo game and in-app purchases is really good for promote, i don't checked it.
If you interesting, that my game , but cute pig is not helping to increase downloads.
Thanks all.
These are all great and useful suggestions, tips, and links. Thanks
Usually people use mobile advertising platforms to promote their games. The questions Indie developers to ask themselves when they choose a platform is:
- Which one promotes your app most effectively?
- Which one costs you the least?
- Which one has the a reliable, smooth, quick payment process?

For those all questions I would recommend Adsota and Admob. Admob is very popular but it cost you much more than adsota. I still use Adsota today and you can find it by googling "ads.appota"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Here is Tricks for Mobile App Developers to Promote Their Apps kevinvwallace 0 2,005 Dec 16, 2013 11:33 PM
Last Post: kevinvwallace
  developer for a new game idea josze 1 6,411 Oct 15, 2012 07:52 PM
Last Post: izdane
  Interview with a ios game developer App-Pro 0 2,989 May 28, 2012 03:29 PM
Last Post: App-Pro
  Where do I find an iPod game developer for hire? WriterRick 5 6,712 Apr 2, 2009 08:54 PM
Last Post: Ingemar