Xcode 4 Installed No iOS SDK

Apprentice
Hi,
I recently updated Xcode to 4.0.2 using a OS X installer disc that came with a recently purchased mac.

As you can see in the picture the installer says that both iOS and Mac OS SDKs should be installed:
[Image: content]

But when I wanted to play around with a iOS project I found out that the SDK is not installed, neither are the iOS project templates. Huh

So am I doing something wrong, or does the iOS framework need to be downloaded like the documentation? which would suck since I can't even download the documentation with my internet speeds.

McSpider
Quote this message in a reply
The iOS dev kit is a different download. You'll need to get it from Apple. Curious that it says it installs the iOS dev kit. I'd assume it was lying.

http://developer.apple.com/devcenter/ios/index.action

Someone else would know better... I just keep downloading new xcodes all the time it seems like. Rasp

Howling Moon Software - CrayonBall for Mac and iPhone, Contract Game Dev Work
Apprentice
Well I can't download 4GB every time apple decides to update something. Annoyed
So there goes my idea of playing with the iOS SDK...

Ah well, thanks for the help anyways.

McSpider
(Jun 17, 2011 03:32 PM)McSpider Wrote:  Well I can't download 4GB every time apple decides to update something. Annoyed
So there goes my idea of playing with the iOS SDK...

Drives me bonkers too, but that's unfortunately the reality. You can get by with an older SDK if you don't update your test device past the version of the SDK you have, though.
DoG
You can update your device's OS independently of the installed SDKs as of recently, at least that's the theory. I've been hearing reports that older Xcode versions fail to work properly with iOS 5 on the device, though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Find info about installed gfxcards? Volantiz 4 3,442 Apr 11, 2007 03:26 AM
Last Post: Volantiz