Smooth acceleration in every direction.

Nibbie
Hi All,
I am making a game in Cocos2D and stuck at really interesting point.After scratching my head for weeks I am here. (ta da..)
I want to implement a tile map plus acceleration (that too in every direction).Something like maze and a ball.The game is in landscape mode.
The actual problem is (here comes the monster) I am not getting a proper way to move my player with acceleration.I want something similar to "Dark Nebula".Yeh something so smooth when it comes to acceleration.Plus it should stop when iPhone is placed on the table, etc.

I really need to implement this as soon as possible.A code snippet will do wonders.

Please help me with this as soon as possible else my freaking deadline Mad will kill me. Cry

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
I don't use Cocos2D, but you should be able to create a timer. As long as move = true and timer + 200ms, then speed +0.5, until speed = 10

I hope you understand as that's the easiest way I can put it. Wink
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Device motion detection using Acceleration data. RockyDilse 4 8,320 Feb 16, 2011 12:57 AM
Last Post: RockyDilse
  Direction of normal Miglu 3 3,649 Oct 4, 2010 05:08 PM
Last Post: Skorche
  Smooth movement with the accelerometer? - Like a labyrinth game. DotSlashSlash 12 10,362 Jul 14, 2010 07:15 AM
Last Post: ThemsAllTook
  Direction formula? TimMcD 2 5,330 Nov 11, 2009 11:42 PM
Last Post: TimMcD
  Requesting Help: Smooth keyframe interpolation algorithm whogben 4 4,635 Jan 5, 2009 11:15 PM
Last Post: whogben