Kung Fu Killforce [uDG 2011]

Hey guys,

So after a holiday hiatus I've returned to working on Kung Fu Killforce and am getting it ready for its debut on the Mac App Store! Wow First self-published game, woot!

I have a new build up and I'd love if you guys give it a whirl and let me know what you think:

Kung Fu Killforce!!

In addition to feedback I'm looking for any small bugs or weirdness you guys can find. I want to make sure this sucker is watertight! Be brutally honest!

I've changed some rules around with this new build-- namely, the weird experimental time limit thingy is gone, and the game plays much more like a traditional arcade game. Specials are also limited now. And the kill multiplier is more prominent, stays as long as you have a hit combo going, and no longer has a maximum. Let me know what you guys think!

Love

Justin Ficarrotta
http://www.justinfic.com
"It is better to be The Man than to work for The Man." - Alexander Seropian
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
Neither Safari nor Chrome will let me connect to :21 ("unsafe port"), and it's probably not named ...2013.zip even if I could connect...
(Jan 14, 2012 02:02 AM)OneSadCookie Wrote:  Neither Safari nor Chrome will let me connect to :21 ("unsafe port"), and it's probably not named ...2013.zip even if I could connect...

FFFFFFF spaces in file names. I've fixed it.

Justin Ficarrotta
http://www.justinfic.com
"It is better to be The Man than to work for The Man." - Alexander Seropian
Luminary
Well, it's certainly got that trademark ficciness to it!

I couldn't tell if I was doing well or what, but my first try I got 237625. The guy on the back wall came out and immediately killed me dead.

Reminder: you need some kind of controls tutorial Wink
Third time I got 482150, but the guy at the back didn't ever come out. I get the impression I'm supposed to be impressing him with a super mega combo or something?
1) No full screen in game option (or menu option)
2) No option to change controls, so I couldn't easily setup my gamepad to play your game. Though I suppose I could stubbornly set the keys bound to my controller to whatever controls you have set to default.
3) Escape should probably pause too (and from pause, probably allow changing controls
4) you could go old school cabinet style on the high school screen and only allow 3 upper case character LOL

Gameplay is still rock solid beat em up fun. Granted I'm more of a "hey I wish this would go somewhere" guy, but I realize this is a high score attack, and not a bruce lee saving the princess kinda game Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Your Story [uDG 2011] maximile 64 43,716 Oct 25, 2011 07:13 AM
Last Post: Skorche
  Flying Sweden [uDG 2011] WillMiller 59 44,563 Oct 19, 2011 08:05 AM
Last Post: ThemsAllTook
  uDevGames 2011 - Updates SethWillits 47 25,095 Oct 19, 2011 05:09 AM
Last Post: Carlos Camacho
  Same/Sane [uDG 2011] revelation 17 15,591 Oct 18, 2011 12:03 PM
Last Post: SethWillits
  Leader of Mans [uDG 2011] AndyKorth 48 30,212 Oct 17, 2011 03:11 PM