help on deciding library(s)

Nibbie
hi,

im currently trying to expand my student project into a commercial program. so what i did is i made a simple game with OpenGL, GLUT, GLEW library. The game is simple enough so I think GLUT is currently satisfy my needs. But I'm curious is it common to use GLUT for a commercial project. I'm planning to sell it through Apple Mac-App Store. Is it ok to use that library?

Since glut does not support sound/music, what is the best lightweight (and free hopefully) sound engine work best with minimal effort to my engine?

I also need an information about how to package my program (with its framework) so it can be applied to Apple. Is there any link that describe that kind of information?

One more thing, i notice a (very tiny) leak when I launched the program, and I think its caused by GLUT source. But it only happened once at the beginning. Would it be a problem at apple program filtering process?

Thanks in advance
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
GLUT is not suitable for a commercial app (there are things like the preferences window which you can't change).
Nibbie
(Nov 14, 2011 01:55 AM)OneSadCookie Wrote:  GLUT is not suitable for a commercial app (there are things like the preferences window which you can't change).

hi OneSadCookie,

so what's the best library option(s) for a commercial (game) app out there?

thanks
I'd suggest SDL...

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer
(Nov 14, 2011 06:20 AM)sealfin Wrote:  I'd suggest SDL...

Seconded. I've used SDL since 2004 and it's groovy.

Justin Ficarrotta
http://www.justinfic.com
"It is better to be The Man than to work for The Man." - Alexander Seropian