Develop an iOS game

Nibbie
Hi there!

Myself and a friend have been playing around with the idea of creating an iphone/ipod/ipad game for some time now.

We have finally decided to go ahead with one of our ideas. Our goal is to work on it in our off time from work and try and get it published and on the market.

We are both, however, new to the coding side. What is the best way to go about coding/programming for our game. I'm very willing to learn. It is a very simple game.

Is it easy to create and code in the new Flash. I noticed you can publish straight to the App Store through it.

Any help I can get would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Black
Quote this message in a reply
Welcome to the forums Smile

There's a (somewhat out of date) thread on the topic of beginning game development here and there's a (similarly somewhat out of date/incomplete) list of iOS game engines/libraries here.

Whilst it is possible to develop apps for iOS using Flash, be aware that Flash is apparently not as efficient as native code - consider that Machinarium was developed in Flash and, despite being a 2D game, requires a minimum of an iPad 2 - now consider that RAGE HD and Infinity Blade both require only a minimum of an iPhone 3GS... (Of course, depending on how complex your game is or isn't, Flash's efficiency - or lack thereof - may not be an issue...)

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to develop Android apps for Beginners duyencaothi 3 4,960 Feb 26, 2013 05:45 AM
Last Post: 365socialmedia
  Can I develop for iPhone using Windows? davidc02 8 7,061 Apr 24, 2009 08:19 AM
Last Post: TythosEternal
  I want to develop for iPhone, where to start? ashwin911 4 4,466 Jan 29, 2009 11:13 PM
Last Post: maximile
  How much to develop an iPhone Game for App Store nelgom 1 5,321 Jul 14, 2008 08:23 AM
Last Post: ThemsAllTook
  What will you have to need/know to develop games on the iPhone? bmerri 3 5,589 Jun 20, 2008 05:28 PM
Last Post: Talyn