Game Idea - "Dreamscape"

Apprentice
Hi,

Been looking at ways to present this in a 'more professional' and 'process' way as have been previously described to do, and not just some 'man this is a damn good idea' way.

It is an idea on something hopefully someone actually enjoy's reading through it's concept. There are more idea's, and if you wish to know more just inbox my email at the bottom of this post or reply to the thread here.

© DREAMSCAPE ©
GAME TYPE: First Person
PLOT: Future/Past Related
GENRE: Action/Adventure
PLATFORM: All

CONCEPT

 Screen begins to fade in slowly and focus in on what is seen
 Screen quickly flickers from left to right

All surroundings are of desolate proportions. Cars, buses and trains are demolished and are in complete ruin. Close by there is a subway entrance also ripped and torn apart...

 Screen shakes, blurs out then clears up

There are jolts of electricity surging from power lines flowing loose in the breeze.

 Screen displays standing up and looking ahead

A city skyline is in the distance and it is visually unbelievable. It appears to be devastated in areas by warfare.

 Screen focuses further in on the light and there is concrete cascading away like dust between the buildings
 Screen then looks up to the sky

The sky has a red gloom to it amongst all of it’s blackness.

 Screen now focuses back to the freeway

A hint of blue that’s shining from the streetlights lead a visible path all the way along the demolished freeway to the city.

 Screen looks down at the characters arms for the first time
 Screen presents the arms covered in a hi-tech type suit with lighting effects

There is a bright glow from the suits shoulders which is just enough light to see the landscape at a close distance.

 Screen now focuses on the right arm reaching around to feel what is strapped to the character
 A sword is then presented to the front of screen, and then screen focuses in on it

The blade is completely transparent; crystal clear like glass, with the handle of the sword covered in buttons.
There is something on the left arm vibrating and buzzing away which takes the focus off of the sword. It is another visible button.

 Screen focuses on characters right hand activating it

A holographic display is presented from the arm with clear images of the city ahead. There are indicators highlighting a beacon flashing away inside one of the city’s skyscrapers.

 Screen focuses on the right hand pressing the button and the images disappear

GAME BEGINS
• The player has to head towards the city to find out what has happened in lead up towards this awakening.
• They begin with minimal items and protection.

Feel free to email me: timlaw347@hotmail.com
Quote this message in a reply
Apprentice
Ok, so I have realised I forgot to go somewhere and thats to give some more 'spin' on what and where this has evolved from, and why it seems to
still want to come out of my brain. It is all about dream relations.

Main Character; they are in a coma after an operation that went wrong, and have people beside them everyday trying to help them through
and staying with them, yet they can't respond. But he is in a 'Dreamscape'. His name is Jade...still thinking about the last name so far.

He has awoken to the future, under full belief he is there for a reason. No other belief. Simply because it is that visually intense on his eyes
and believeable to him that he accepts it and moves on. His belief of the transportation there is to rise to the top and overcome barriers due to the suit; which is what he did in real life.

Combat; it is all First Person. In a previous post on a different area of these forums someone was saying that the characters sword is low-tech, and not hi-tech. Well for me
to clear that up, it is hi-tech, because the sword itself has different capablities and settings at it's disposal, controlled by different buttons at the players liking. Once gameplay
would take place, certain button allocation would simply change the mode of the style it is in...and it's appearance.

The sword has certain movement and techniques you could say on button assigning (samurai etc), and overall looks. It is not just a steel blade.

Guns; they will have the usual techniques like most games which are to zoom and blast away etc, so they are pretty easily explainable. Laser and plasma type weapons were stated
before I think anyway?? So, I still have those details at my side, which if anyone is interested will get to see.

As for Mechanics; this I guess I am confused by, but hopefully this describes it a bit better. The player has the option to hunt, be hunted, or just go and take it all down hell for leather
via main paths, various undergrounds ie subway paths, or take the silent route via hidden paths through forrest type locations all searchable by the player.

As for powers, this is a simple one. In a dream land everyone would love to have powers in a certain way right? Well this lad has those abilities once he progresses further into the game,
and in a way consider it like this; picture it as him assuming that in his dreams he already on one side of his brain thinks that he will never wake up and wants to be able to learn and live, so developing
certain skills are like him meeting a teacher onthe other side for example. Him learning how to walk for the first time. Growing as a human. Developing more and more as time goes on.

The ability of powers is for him in his mind to remain focused, and beat everything that comes his way with positivity on the dying side of his brain. And to the extent where he develops the final power
he is getting to the point of waking up from his coma. When the game gets to it's final levels, this is where he wins or loses, dream land or real life. Still not sure on that yet.

Hopefully there is a bit more of clarity idea wise in what I am trying to put across to people.
What would be awesome is if he had rocket boots.
Apprentice
I think the last game I heard about the character that had a jetpack and it was a flying based 3rd person?? Dark Void, but I saw it went as nothing but a huge flop...as for rocket boots, I think you catch my drift.

It would defeat the purpose of a player actually exploring a world...on foot...discovering things and hunting people down with their elements...

If they had the boots they would just go and have a fly, drop some bombs...maybe could hang his slug out and take a slash on the people he is preparing to combat with and have a voiceover of some sort saying 'Did you take your vitamins this morning, here's some for you'.

Crude really...but writing all of these ideas for rocket boots to be added to the character? Come on.
(Dec 15, 2011 03:29 PM)soundguru Wrote:  ...maybe could hang his slug out and take a slash on the people he is preparing to combat with and have a voiceover of some sort saying 'Did you take your vitamins this morning, here's some for you'.

That'd be AWESOME (if "slug" and "slash" mean what I think they mean). Glad I could help!
(Dec 15, 2011 03:29 PM)soundguru Wrote:  'Did you take your vitamins this morning, here's some for you'.

That part could be played back at double speed.

respect,
pk

iFrog is coming.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Idea Needed - Mech Game carmine 25 19,633 Jul 10, 2011 10:30 PM
Last Post: GordonCSA
  Game Idea Wiki Proposal mikey 9 6,812 Jul 22, 2009 10:05 AM
Last Post: FlamingHairball
  A CRAZY game idea! stevejohnson 12 8,326 Jan 28, 2006 04:55 AM
Last Post: Marjock