Adventure Puzzle Game (With Pic!)

Apprentice
Hi All,

My friends and I have a few ideas for iPhone games but we want to start out with something simple to program since we've never made a game before (and we can do the art but we are going to have to outsource the programming).

My cousin really wants to do an adventure puzzle game kind of like machinarium but my other friend doesn't think it would be very fun on an iPhone and not many people would want it. If it was done really well with good animations and was quite interactive do you think this kind of game could do well? Below is an example of a BG:

[Image: zombietest.png]

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Quote this message in a reply
I don't know of any original point-and-click adventures on the iPhone, but several point-and-click adventures have been ported to the iPhone, eg. the Broken Sword and The Secret of Monkey Island series, and the Wikipedia page for the former states that the remastered sequel shifted 250,000 copies on iOS – though the usual caveat applies that past performance is no guarantee of future performance...

Mark Bishop
If you're on your first game and want something a bit easier than a full fledged action/adventure game, consider a "hidden object" game instead. These are types of games where you can showcase your art skills (which is apparent in your picture), and the "game" is fairly basic where players try to interact with the art to find objects and clues, or even as simple as a checking off a list.

I would love to see more adventure games like the old Sierra titles, but I'd suggest starting with something that is small enough to actually get done as a first project, then grow from there.

Best of luck!

Original Music and Sound Design for Video Games
http://www.harrymack.com
Nibbie
Hi , I was in your exact position one year ago ,I decided to make a point and tap adventure game , i learned everything from design to code from scratch and i was able to finished a full game in less than a year, my game was alredy sent to apple and is waiting for approval, just dont quit and read a lot , i used an sdk called Corona , google it , read about it , it will help you to decide what kind of game you can make, good luck!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New puzzle game on the block rio1983 0 1,550 Oct 16, 2012 11:58 AM
Last Post: rio1983
  Adventure game engine? sippan 33 15,173 Nov 13, 2006 03:04 PM
Last Post: Steven
  Puzzle Game Design aarku 16 11,306 Dec 18, 2004 11:45 AM
Last Post: LaRue
  Examples of when fighting is fun in action-adventure games monteboyd 23 11,163 Nov 25, 2003 07:38 AM
Last Post: ERaZer