Retro Racing by Mr Qwak (me)

Retro Racing is our second release on iOS, following on from our puzzle arcade platformer ‘Qwak’.

In Retro Racing, first choose your car, then skid, slide, spin, hustle and race your way around the track at break neck speed. Collect power-ups along the track for more speed, acceleration, grip, and nitro boosts. Master the perfect racing line, and speed your way to victory in this adrenaline pumping top-down racer for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.

Retro Racing has been over 12 months in development, with design, coding and graphics all by veteran indie developer, Jamie Woodhouse (me); who also created the much loved, classic Amiga top-down racers, Nitro (Psygnosis, 1990) and A.T.R. (Team17, 1995).

On AppStore now!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/retroraci...51675?mt=8

http://www.mrqwak.com/games/retroracing/

Thanks,

Screens from Retro Racing on iPhone:

[Image: rr_iphone_1.jpg]

[Image: rr_iphone_2.jpg]

Screens from Retro Racing on iPad:

[Image: rr_ipad_1.jpg]

[Image: rr_ipad_2.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
I've already Tweeted this to Jamie but I loved Nitro and A.T.R. on the Amiga - and Retro Racing truly recaptures the fun of those games. If you like fun, casual racers then I can't see any reason why you wouldn't pick this up!
Founder
Looks great. Cheers to the Amiga. How about 'The Beast' next?

Also, how about writing a postmortem of your making of the game for this site?

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Thanks chaps. Been busy working on an update (hope to submit to Apple tomorrow).

What did you have in mind regarding a postmortem Carlos?

You know, I don't think I've ever done one of those for a game before. I guess it's a what I did right, what I did wrong, lessons learned, kinda thing?
⌘-R in Chief
Yep. Compare to your original Amiga experience too if you'd like. Smile

You can also write about how it actually works internally. What you thought was a neat trick to solve a problem etc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Qwak HD Jamie W 3 2,524 Aug 30, 2012 04:08 AM
Last Post: Jamie W