Question about interface builder

Nibbie
Hello,

I have everything down on paper and I am going to be doing my layout/user interface. Do I have to use Interface Builder or can I use Photoshop and splice the PSD like I would for a website.

I am new to IOS programming so just wondering. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mary
Quote this message in a reply
Most games aren't laid out in interface builder- even for the UI of the game.

You can create your artwork in photoshop and cut it up into indivudal pieces like a website.. But you can also do that in interface builder if you're applying custom artwork to your buttons.

I think it would be helpful to know what sort of game you're making so we can help you decide what sort of user interface would work best for you.

Howling Moon Software - CrayonBall for Mac and iPhone, Contract Game Dev Work
⌘-R in Chief
Interfaces are not simply images, they're a deep hierarchal collection of many different kinds of objects. If you're creating a custom UI appearance, you're still going to use Photoshop either way. Separate from that is how you're actually going to construct your interface — using UIKit classes, custom CALayers, from scratch in OpenGL ES, or whatever method used by the game engine you're using.
Nibbie
Hi Thanks for the feedback. I have not had time to look at this in more detail but will be starting to program and get my APP idea going sometime this week.

Thanks

Mary

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to instantiate a control in code instead of using Interface Builder ? Bracer 2 3,670 Nov 3, 2009 01:41 PM
Last Post: ThemsAllTook
  Changing font type in Interface Builder? Toontingy 0 3,917 Mar 29, 2009 05:42 PM
Last Post: Toontingy
  arrange - Bring to front (interface Builder) imaumac 3 7,668 Oct 6, 2008 10:44 AM
Last Post: imaumac
  Interface Builder and switching UIViews bruss14 3 4,909 Jun 20, 2008 12:52 PM
Last Post: AnotherJake