Links and News
- kortham shared on 2020-03-05: docs.google.com: Postmortem: Making Verdant Skies A game developed by iDevGames community members, these slides discuss the development of Verdant Skies, coming to an artistic theme, designing dialog trees, and how the business fared.
- mercy__ shared on 2020-03-02: youtu.be: War Stories: How Crash Bandicoot Hacked the Original Playstation Ars Technica sat down with Naughty Dog Co-founder Andy Gavin to talk about the hurdles in bringing the original Crash Bandicoot to gamers around the world. When Andy and his partner Jason Rubin made the decision to bring the action platforming genre into three dimensions, it required living up to their company ethos of "leaving no stone unturned" in the search for memory - even if it meant hacking Sony’s library code.
- mysteriouspants shared on 2020-02-28: swift.org: Swift Argument Parser Swift lang now has an integrated argument parser, greatly reducing the friction in creating tools which can accelerate building your game.
- mercy__ shared on 2020-02-24: youtu.be: GDC Talk by Jeff Vogel: Failing to Fail the Spiderweb Way In this GDC 2018 talk, Spiderweb Software's Jeff Vogel presents a retrospective on his company's history and how they've managed to stay in the game-making business since 1994.
- mysteriouspants shared on 2020-02-14: www.blender.org: Blender 2.82 released The Blender Foundation has released version 2.82 of their incredible free and open-source 3D-modelling and animation software, including features such as improved fluid and smoke simulation.
iDevGames is and has been the place for Mac and iOS game programmers to share ideas, knowledge, code, graphics, audio, and a helping hand to each other since it was founded by Carlos Camacho 1998. In addition to providing a home for a large community of developers, iDevGames also periodically runs contests to encourage new game development. iDevGames runs the largest Mac game programming contest, uDevGames, which to-date has awarded over $100,000 in prizes.
Through contests and community support, iDevGames has been the catalyst for fostering the careers of many game developers and creation of a multitude of new games, and has the goal of continuing to do so.
You can have a chat with the iDevGames community either on
or by connecting via an IRC client with an